Friday, January 16, 2009

A Chubby Monkey History

While I have always had some monkey-ish characteristics, I haven't always been chubby. I sported a concave stomach for my first two years of college and was decidedly slender before that (although it was something I only became aware of later...teenagers being teenagers, I was insecure about my looks in high school.) Junior year of college I moved in with my future husband and the chubbification began. By the time I was 22 (and our wedding) I weighed almost 220 pounds. A few years later I topped 260. And this past Christmas I passed 290 and tipped the scales at 296 pounds!

I currently wear between a 22-24. Longer than 10 minutes on the exercise bike has me straining. I've worn fat-girl clothes since I left college, and I turned 30 last June. I'm not ashamed of my body for the most part (except in rather desperate hormonal moments.) I know I'm obese, but my husband seems attracted to me at any size (although I'd rather not test the limits of that!) I like my face, I like myself, but I know that for health and more attractiveness, I definitely have to shed a few...dozen pounds. While I never expect to get back down to my concave-tummy, one-bagel-a-day-for-food and no-sleeping college weight of 165 (which was not very healthy for me), it would be nice to revisit 180 - a healthy weight which allows for some muscles and some pudge.

Now that you know where I'm coming from, let's see where I can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment