Friday, January 30, 2009

Waistline!

I looked in the mirror today after getting dressed in my casual Friday outfit of a turtleneck and jeans to discover (gasp!) a waistline. True, at over 280 pounds, it is the sort of waistline I once would have scoffed at as not-a-waistline-at-all but rather a sign of my ever-thickening middle. But today it is a waistline, a definite inward curve of my body below my breasts, followed by an outward curve down towards my hips.

I was so excited I immediately went to B. and said, "Honey, am I crazy or...?" (gesture towards my middle area)

B. nodded. "Yup. Lookin' good. It's working." (It being my healthy eating ways.)

Of course, this is the man who finds me sexy at any weight or curvature, it seems, but I'm taking what compliments I can get right now. Plus I got back on Marcy last night after a brief snow-day-and-laziness induced (4-day) hiatus.

So hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment